OS6.6.6 Loss of Files

Happy New year to me.  this day I noticed that there were no files and triple the data size array.  Prior to New year I cleared the recycle bin and can only image that I may have cleared the drives. The system is intel 4670k with the 7 drives indicated.  There were about 20,000 video files on the disks or about 26T.  Have not done any writing or other actions.  Where can I go from here?main.thumb.PNG.b13c9d29dbf17a83e4ad2efb3b83820d.PNGtower1-diagnostics-20190102-1700.zipsyslog.thumb.PNG.adcbf826c2ef17a7c8c44da9483aaf51.PNG

Not much in your logs since you rebooted before taking them. It looks like you may have another browser open to your server somewhere. It is better to only work from one session, or at least keep your open browsers refreshed so they are working from the same state of Unraid. Please close any other browsers you may have open to Unraid, including mobile app.

Not sure what the yellow triangle next to your flash means. I don't see that on mine. Mouseover that yellow triangle and see what it says.

Your diagnostics seem to indicate shares on all of your drives. Don't know what files may be there.

Go to Shares - User Shares and click the Compute All button. When it is finished and displays the results, post a screenshot.

I think it very unlikely recycle bin has anything to do with this. And nothing looks abnormal in your diagnostics.

Try to think of what else you might have done and explain it in detail.

Sorry, our time zones are on the opposite sides of the world.  The yellow marker on the flash was a warning of public security setting-changed. 

It appears that the OS is ok and it is an 71yr old operator problem.  All the folders are deleted.  The tools in unraid appear to not be able to help. 

Dasx86 post may be helpful.  If this is the only way on XFS  I will have to try to recover the files singularly on each drive. 

Should I be lucky, the procedure to reconstruct the array needs further planning.  The parity is of no use and it could be used as the recovery disk and each drive recovered and reloaded to the original.  Is it possible to start a new array with data present or start with two drives and continue loading the data and adding to the array. 

shares.PNG

2 hours ago, zoiman said:

Sorry, our time zones are on the opposite sides of the world.  The yellow marker on the flash was a warning of public security setting-changed. 

It appears that the OS is ok and it is an 71yr old operator problem.  All the folders are deleted.  The tools in unraid appear to not be able to help. 

Dasx86 post may be helpful.  If this is the only way on XFS  I will have to try to recover the files singularly on each drive. 

Should I be lucky, the procedure to reconstruct the array needs further planning.  The parity is of no use and it could be used as the recovery disk and each drive recovered and reloaded to the original.  Is it possible to start a new array with data present or start with two drives and continue loading the data and adding to the array. 

shares.PNG

From your screenshot, it appears the top level folders, which are the user shares, are on your disks, but those are empty.

Your reference to dasx86 sounded like a possible user name so I searched and came up with this old thread:

That thread contains almost all of the posts by that user and seems like it might have some relevance, but doesn't really shed a lot of light on what you did. Most of the thread is about trying to figure out what he did and though there are some ideas there it's unclear what to conclude.

It's also unclear from that thread what exactly you intend to do. He mentioned some file recovery software running on Windows. I have seen other mentions of UFS Explorer around the forum but have no experience with it.

To your question, you can start a new array by going to Tools - New Config. It will allow you to make any disks assignments you want.

Please let us know more details about what you think happened, and what you plan to do.