Which licence to buy

SmurfKiller

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

This is the more interesting part of your post to me. How are these drives connected? SAS would be ideal, eSATA acceptable.

Sorry, brain stopped working. 8 hot-swap drives, 2 internal. haha, 

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

The answer to your direct question is in the pricing link at the top left of this page.

https://unraid.net/pricing

But i was looking at that, I guess i was just looking for some clarification on how that 12 drive limit worked, when i select the disks for the array, the first 2 slots are reserved for parity drives, if i only use 1 parity drive do i loose the other one? so it is a 12 drive limit, but only 10 are usable for actual storage? 

Actually, did the drive limit increase recently? wasn't it 8 before?

2 minutes ago, SmurfKiller said:

i was just looking for some clarification on how that 12 drive limit worked,

No restrictions on assignments. You could have 1 data drive and 11 cache drives in a pool, 12 data drives with no parity, 1 data drive and 11 unassigned that you could mount and work with manually or with the Unassigned Devices plugin.

The only limit is no more than 12 attached storage devices when you start the array.

5 minutes ago, SmurfKiller said:

Actually, did the drive limit increase recently? wasn't it 8 before?

It's been some time, I wouldn't call it recent. However, in the context of unraid version releases and the definition of soon™, I suppose it's recent. 🙂

Archived