SATA controller issue?? READ ERRORS

Hey all, just had Fix Common Problems tell me that I had three drives disabled and with read errors. All of which I believe are connected to my PCI 4 port SATA controller.

Diagnostics attached. It appears 2 of the three drives have come back online as they dont have red 'x' next to them??

Not sure what to do from here?

Any help appreciated.

PS: I tried to clean reboot but it wont work so not sure if i should do a hard reset or not and see what happens?

tower-diagnostics-20190118-1833.zip

unraid.PNG

1 hour ago, mgladwin said:

tell me that I had three drives disabled

You have one drive disable, three with read errors, Unraid doesn't disable more drives than the number of parity disks in use.

Problem appears to be the Marvell controller, all 3 disks with errors are connected there, I would recommend you replace it, Marvell controllers have a tendency to drop disks, it is known, first thing to do is to reboot (by force if needed) and post new diags so we can confirm SMART for the dropped disks is OK.

All three disks looks fine.

You'll need to rebuild the disabled disk, emulated disk is mounting so check data appears fine before rebuilding on top of the old disk, a filesystem check on the emulated disk before doing it is also a good idea.

Safest option would be rebuilding to a new disk while keeping the old one intact in case something goes wrong during the rebuild.

Also note that this same issue can happen again until you replace that controller, it can take days or months but it will likely happen again.

8 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

That's not the correct device since it's missing the partition, still and to keep parity valid you need to use the md device, as it says in the link above, it should be:

xfs_repair -v /dev/md7

That command still seems to work even though it says disk is missing and it doesn't report any errors.