Array stopped on its own.

rmp5s

No idea why, but my array just stopped on its own.  It says "unclean shutdown detected" even though the thing didn't reboot.  The array just stopped.

I'm just wondering, are there any other details in the logs that can point me in the right direction as to why this happened?  It's happened a few times now and there's no real rhyme or reason as to why.

Any info greatly appreciated!!

tower-diagnostics-20190203-1846.zip

It did restart.  Here's the first line in the syslog

Feb  3 18:42:24 Tower kernel: microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0x714, date = 2018-05-08

The last line is

Feb  3 18:47:16 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT, Evaluating _PMM (20180531/power_meter-338)

You can try sticking installing fix common problems and tossing it into troubleshooting mode if this happens say every day or so.

BTW, do you have a UPS?

Not sure what this recurring error is once the array starts

Feb  3 18:47:16 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: SMBus/IPMI/GenericSerialBus write requires Buffer of length 66, found length 32 (20180531/exfield-393)
Feb  3 18:47:16 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PMI0._PMM, AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT (20180531/psparse-516)

Edited by Squid
16 minutes ago, trurl said:

Since Squid linked the original thread to here, I will complete the loop and link here back to the original thread. I don't know why the user didn't just stay in one place. I locked that thread so we will continue in this one.

Thanks.  That thread was a winding road.  

38 minutes ago, Squid said:

It did restart.  Here's the first line in the syslog

Feb  3 18:42:24 Tower kernel: microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0x714, date = 2018-05-08

The last line is

Feb  3 18:47:16 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT, Evaluating _PMM (20180531/power_meter-338)

You can try sticking installing fix common problems and tossing it into troubleshooting mode if this happens say every day or so.

BTW, do you have a UPS?

Not sure what this recurring error is once the array starts

Feb  3 18:47:16 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: SMBus/IPMI/GenericSerialBus write requires Buffer of length 66, found length 32 (20180531/exfield-393)
Feb  3 18:47:16 Tower kernel: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PMI0._PMM, AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT (20180531/psparse-516)

I'm running redundant PSUs...UPS is on the way.  Usually this kind of thing is caused by power issues so it's in the works.

I'm 95% sure the server did not restart.  I was looking at it.  The VNC to my security camera VM timed out...I refreshed the GUI page and it was stopped.  That was it.  My server takes a solid 3-5 minutes to reboot...no clue how it could have done all that without me noticing.  

I had "fix common problems" installed...I can reinstall and put it into troubleshooting mode, but...what would I be looking for?  What would I be looking to happen?

Yea...the error at the end...I've got no clue...