unRAID USB died, no backup..

Tools - New Config

Main Tab - Assign all drives as data drives.

Start the array.  Your parity drive(s) will come up as unformatted / unmountable.  If more drives come up as unformatted / unmountable than you have parity disks, then stop and post your diagnostics and wait before doing anything else.

Reassign those drives as the parity disks.  (Another new config)

* if you do have 2 parity drives, then you have to toss a coin as to which is which

Edited by Squid
20 hours ago, Squid said:

Tools - New Config

Main Tab - Assign all drives as data drives.

Start the array.  Your parity drive(s) will come up as unformatted / unmountable.  If more drives come up as unformatted / unmountable than you have parity disks, then stop and post your diagnostics and wait before doing anything else.

Reassign those drives as the parity disks.  (Another new config)

* if you do have 2 parity drives, then you have to toss a coin as to which is which

Every HDD shows up as unassigned.

volpe-nas-diagnostics-20190304-0358.zip

You can download a zipped copy of your flash drive at any time by going to Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup.

If you want to have CA Backup automatically backup flash, you should use a destination that is not on the array using Unassigned Devices. Some people use UD to access networks shares on another computer, for example. I have an NTFS Unassigned Device I use for my flash backup. I can always just plug it into Windows and read its files.