Dashboard won’t load

Hi guys,

I have 4 x 4tb hard drives and just swapped out the parity drive for a 10tb western digital white drive that I shucked. The parity rebuild started and seemed to complete after about 20 hours but during the rebuild I was unable to load the dashboard page but could load other tabs. After the build completed I was unable to also load the docker page and eventually couldn’t load the GUI at all. I eventually hard rebooted the server and it came back up and everything seems fine, the issue now is that it had to start doing another parity check because of the hard reboot and again I can’t load only the dashboard page. 

I really could use some help on this. Ps I can still mount my shares and still have access to the CLI. Before the hard reboot I tried restarting Nginx and that didn’t work. 

At a minimum does someone have steps to gracefully shutdown the server via CLI so it won’t try to do another parity check after the reboot. 

3 minutes ago, nanoblock said:

Looks like it finished but it was just sitting at that screen in terminal. Any insight you guys have based on the logs.

tower-diagnostics-20190313-0828.zip

Those are old diagnostics (from 13th March).    I suspect that the diagnostics command did not actually complete (it gives feedback when it does).    That normally means that something is ‘hanging’ (which would also explain your dashboard problems).

when i issue the reboot command i get this

Broadcast message from root@Tower (pts/3) (Tue Apr  2 09:57:36 2019):

The system is going down for reboot NOW!

but it does not actually reboot. The parity check is still running so could it be preventing it from rebooting. I have no way in the gui to stop the parity check because i cant get to the dashboard tab to stop it or issue a reboot from there,

Yes the cache is a pool but I think when I added the second cache drive back and it tried to add it back to the pool  i formatted the wrong one.  I have rebuilt everything and all seems to be working for now. I have not run another parity check on the new parity drive i added so I will see what happens when that runs again. Thanks all for the help for now.