SYSLINUX 6.03 EDDBoot error

VinRa

Hi Friends,

While my server was running yesterday we had internet outage (may not relate to the issue but in case), after while I experienced that I couldn't access the shared folders, so I simply restarted the server (via unraid gui). However now the server giving me the above error "SYSLINUX 6.03 EDDBoot error" just after BIOS POST. I removed the USB drive and checked with my windows machine and I managed to copy all the contents without any issue. I'm not sure what should I do first.

1. My main question is whether system tries to boot from one of the HDDs (I have one parity and one data disks 4TB each and 2TB cache) other than USB, when I check the BIOS boot priority it only shows the HDDs

2. Can I create another USB drive with Unraid and copy existing USB drive contents in order to preserve my current configurations

Simply can you help me with what should be my next step to get my server back? Thanks a lot

IMG_20190403_172132.jpg

3 hours ago, VinRa said:

My main question is whether system tries to boot from one of the HDDs

No, it boots from the USB flash drive.

3 hours ago, VinRa said:

Can I create another USB drive with Unraid and copy existing USB drive contents in order to preserve my current configurations

Yes. Try it with that same USB drive. Prepare it as a new install. Copy the config folder from the backup you made.

Use a USB2 port to boot from, they are less likely to give problems than USB3.

Update: I simply moved the USB drive from USB3.0 to 2.0 socket and it worked :D, Until now I used USB3.0 (from the day I installed unraid) without any problem and not sure what happened all of a sudden. Anyway thanks for the tip. 

Archived