Cannot start VM anymore

MaTi

Hi,

Up until last night my relatively new installation (latest unraid stable) with 1 VM on it was working smoothly.

Then at night, my VM suddenly was unreachable. Same for the webgui for unraid. The VM could no longer be pinged, although the IP of unraid I could ping.

As I had no options to reboot the machine otherwise, I unplugged it from the power and plugged it back in.

My VM was on autostart, and started as normal.

Then, directly after I put it under some load (starting some Windows services) it freezed again, as did Unraid itself.

I unplugged it again, and turned it on again.

Unraid itself now has been stable for an hour or so, but the VM defuses to start now.

When I tried to start it, it directly gets switched off again. In it's logfile I see:

kvm_set_phys_mem: error registering slot: File exists
2019-04-19 14:25:35.730+0000: shutting down, reason=crashed

Then, it works for a while (120sec or so) and the VM seems to be restarted or something.

My RDP session gets terminated, sometimes pings get dropped (and sometimes they stay up)

Then after a few sec when I reconnect rdp, it seems to have rebooted with all applications which were running, closed..

Then when I check the log I see:

2019-04-19T15:29:58.997569Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: guest updated active QH

..What to do? :)

Thanks!

Archived