witch Psu

I have started to build my server, and it’s going to be with an intel Xeon e5-2650 v3 and 24 Ironwolf 4tb hard drives and a quad intel nic, two graphics cards one of them is a Radeon hd 3650 256 mb and the second one is a Radeon rx 580 8g and a sata controller card to plus two ssd for cache

2 hours ago, friddk said:

24 Ironwolf 4tb hard drives

Why so many disks? Each additional disk requires an additional port and requires additional power. More importantly, each additional disk is an additional point of failure.

You could get the same amount of storage with fewer larger disks, and later expansion would be somewhat simpler and less expensive if you have free ports.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Why so many disks? Each additional disk requires an additional port and requires additional power. More importantly, each additional disk is an additional point of failure.

Plus, from the data that I have seen, the failure rate of larger hard drives is about the same as smaller hard drives.  The power consumption is also virtually identical.  The data transfer rates of the larger drives is usually higher because the greater data density.   You really don't want to start out with a 88TB of array space and only have 10TB of data.  For the foreseeable future, you will be replacing drives that fail with virtually no data on them!  If you are starting out with 60TB of data (for whatever reason), you should be looking at 12TB drives from the get-go! 

Smaller drives make some sense if your total medium-term data storage requires (perhaps) less than 10TB initially and adding 2-3TB annually after that.  Even then, you should consider a parity drive of double your initial data drive size so that if a data drive does fail in few years, you order a new drive the size of your parity and get both a replacement for the failed drive and increased storage for the near future.

1 minute ago, HK-Steve said:

My Tower2, Has 24x 2Tb hard drives, 2x Parity and 22x data drives.

I have an 850Watt Corsair.

This Tower has been running for about 8 years with only 1x hard drive failure.

Hope that helps.

2TB drives made some economic sense, 8 years ago. Still no reason to have more disks than your capacity needs. Grow into 24 drives instead of starting with 24 drives.