Do I have VT-D / IOMMU support or not?

Hi, so my setup has an old i7 2600 CPU, and an Asus P8Z77-V board.

The CPU is good, as can find it supports both VT-X &VT-D.

I cannot find anything online definitively to suggest the board supports VT-D, just comments that most ASUS Z77's dont.

In the BIOS there is nothing definitely mentioned beyond the typical Intel Virtualisation, however when I enable it and check my Unraid system info it says both HVM & IOMMU are enabled...

What I would like to achieve is to bring both systems into 1, with unraid the primary operating system (using onboard video), but a dedicated Windows 10 VM using a GPU and booting to a monitor.

All advice is welcome, as would prefer to validate if it will work before pulling both systems apart...

40 minutes ago, djglenn said:

Thanks both!

I will give it a try, update the BIOS and see how it performs. Will need to figure out the least disruptive way to trail it, as if it's boarderline the the VM not be best as a daily Windows 10 platform.

The quickest way to check is to boot Unraid on the board and then call up the system information to see if says IOMMU is enabled.

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2019 at 12:55 PM, djglenn said:

Hi, so my setup has an old i7 2600 CPU, and an Asus P8Z77-V board.

The CPU is good, as can find it supports both VT-X &VT-D.

I cannot find anything online definitively to suggest the board supports VT-D, just comments that most ASUS Z77's dont.

In the BIOS there is nothing definitely mentioned beyond the typical Intel Virtualisation, however when I enable it and check my Unraid system info it says both HVM & IOMMU are enabled...

What I would like to achieve is to bring both systems into 1, with unraid the primary operating system (using onboard video), but a dedicated Windows 10 VM using a GPU and booting to a monitor.

All advice is welcome, as would prefer to validate if it will work before pulling both systems apart...

i found out the hard way this P8Z77-M do not work with vt-d. was so happy that i am finally going to migrate the old setup to this with a 3770K cpu then saw there is no IOMMU.....sticking to my old B75M-A board 4 core 4 threads for now.