Hard Drives ports in Unraid Tower Array

Dear Experts,

i was using an unraid tower server since 6 months, today the mother board of tower system has gone burnt and i have disassembled / unplug from motherboard all the drives  to repair the mother board. now i am a bit worried that if there is some configuration of sata port 0, port 1 etc. then my server will not work after repaired. please let me know if there is any way to find on what port previously 4 hard drives was installed.

thank you.

28 minutes ago, rameez said:

😞 so i have lost all my data? should i have to reconfigure all the things? 😞 is there any way to figure out on what port what hard drive was assigned previously? please help

I thought trurl's response was very clear.

You don't need to plug a disk to the exact same port that it was plugged to originally.

Unraid disk assignment is based on serial number of the disk, not the port the disk is plugged into.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rameez said:

😞 so i have lost all my data? should i have to reconfigure all the things? 😞 is there any way to figure out on what port what hard drive was assigned previously? please help

Just in case you still don't understand.

You don't need to figure out which port each disk was connected to.

Unraid will look at each hard drive, determine its serial number, and assign the disks just as they were.

If for some reason this doesn't work out for you please come back for further advice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

thank you so much Trurl, thanks alot.

just one more thing i wana ask you. i have replaced the motherboard of unraid/Tower cpu with a new Asus motherboard (previously this was of GigaByte but now i ve purchased New Asus motherboard). my old Unraid os is not working like previously. 

please let me know what to do now? i have pluged in the same 4 hard drives in this new cpu and the usb os also working but it left me on login screen and i cant connect it with my previous ip address (that was given by my DHCP Server).

17 hours ago, rameez said:

(that was given by my DHCP Server).

Odds on because your DHCP server is giving the static IP based upon the MAC address which has definitely changed on the new motherboard  Above the login prompt is the current IP address, or you can also get it from your router and change it accordingly.

• Like 1