[support] Zoneminder - 1.35 (in development)

dlandon

I've built a docker that installs Zoneminder 1.35 from the master repository.  The repository contains snap shot builds while 1.35 is in development.  Don't install this docker in a production environment.  It is for testing.  I will only offer support for the docker properly installing the hook files.

I've been working with the Zoneminder event server developer to properly install the event server and the machine learning modules (hook processing).  This docker installs all the files needed for hook processing.  All you need to do is to configure Zoneminder and hook processing using the ini files.

You can install this docker using the existing Zoneminder docker template.  Change the repository to dlandon/zoneminder.master.  Remove the 1.34 Zoneminder docker and then install the master docker.  Remove the appdata/Zoneminder/hook folder and let the docker set up the files for you.

What I am really interested in is someone to install this version and verify that the event server and hook processing is working properly and all modules are installed and working properly.

Upgrading to ES 6.

The Event Server version 6 has implemented many changes to the objectconfig.ini of the hook processing.  Upgrading the docker will fix the ZmNinja version incompatibility problem, but the hook processing will not work until you update the objectconfig.ini file.

There are two ways to do this.

The easiest way is to get into the docker command line and do the following commands:

cd /config/hook
./config_upgrade.sh

You will see a message about new configuration parameters and ones that can be removed.  You will need to edit the file and make adjustments for your particular needs.

The second method is to copy the objectconfig.ini.default script to objectconfig.ini and then edit the script for your particular needs.

Edited by dlandon
Notes abouy upgrading to ES 6
1 hour ago, Sic79 said:

Nice initiative with this docker. One question though, is hwaccel for nvidia Cuda support included in this docker. If I remember right, IcOn had merged that into master branch? Anything you know? Would be nice to test that feature.

Don't know.  I don't follow the development that closely.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sic79 said:

@dlandon I tried to activate hwaccel but I see the following in the log:

"zmc_m1        5424    WAR    HWAccel support not compiled in.    zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp    538"

Is that something that you could include in your compile?

I don't compile ZM.C  You'll need to ask the zoneminder devs to do it.

I don't compile ZM.C  You'll need to ask the zoneminder devs to do it.

I dont know if you saw it in the Zoneminder Slack channel but you got build instructions from Icon on how to include hwaccel support.

“@Dan Landon In order to build in hwaccel code in zoneminder, cmake must be able to detect /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavutil/hwcontext.h . This file is in libavutil-dev”

@dlandon

On 11/6/2019 at 6:50 PM, Sic79 said:

I dont know if you saw it in the Zoneminder Slack channel but you got build instructions from Icon on how to include hwaccel support.

“@Dan Landon In order to build in hwaccel code in zoneminder, cmake must be able to detect /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavutil/hwcontext.h . This file is in libavutil-dev”

@dlandon I saw that you did some changes on your github according to hwaccel but I did not see any difference when I updated my ZM docker so I just wonder if it is implented or are still working on it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Sic79 said:

Hi @dlandon

It seems like zmeventserver is broken in latest update, atleast it stopped working on my server. I suspect it is some new "breaking changes" (new paths and names) for eventserver. I read about the changes here:

https://zmeventnotification.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/breaking.html

@dlandon Ok, I see now that it is already fixed in your Git. But still I seem to have problems getting it running again. I recieve the following error:

sh: 1: /var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin/zm_detect_wrapper.sh: not found

My config is "hook_script = '/var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin/zm_detect_wrapper.sh'" so it should look at the right location (hook/zm_detect_wrapper.sh) or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Sic79 said:

@dlandon Ok, I see now that it is already fixed in your Git. But still I seem to have problems getting it running again. I recieve the following error:

sh: 1: /var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin/zm_detect_wrapper.sh: not found

My config is "hook_script = '/var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin/zm_detect_wrapper.sh'" so it should look at the right location (hook/zm_detect_wrapper.sh) or am I missing something?

Change to: hook_script = '/usr/bin/zm_detect_wrapper.sh'

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dlandon said:

Read here for instructions on using an external database:

Ok thanks, I already know how to setup and it works great :).

It was just a question/suggestion if that was possible to add the variables to the docker so that it could be set when installing the docker. Non important feature ofcourse but it would be neat to have them easy accessed.

I've updated the zmeventnotification server to 5.2 preliminary.  Once it is released as stable I'll refresh the docker.  There are a lot of changes with this version and the hook processing will fail unless you update the secrets.ini and objectconfig.ini files.  The 5.2 defaults are copied into your config folder.

I don't use hook processing so I cannot test it.  If anyone can check it out and let me know if there are any adjustments I need to make.

• 2 weeks later...