Parity error..

guiri

Have you re-ran the parity check again? Sometimes re-running the check can resolve the single error, which had appeared, but using existing parity, when re-running a check, might fixed the error, giving you a '0 parity errors found' after a re-run on the stock unRAID webgui.

If it repeats with a single or multiple parity errors, check all cabling going to the disk in question, ie: disconnect/re-connect, replace any suspect cables with new, etc... and if this doesn't remedy the problem, I'd recommend unassigning the disk, stop the array, restart the server, re-assign the disk in the correct location in the array which it was located (screen dump the General screen for the disk assignments before doing this), start the array, and finally re-run another parity check.

This happened to me a while ago, and the removal of the disk from the array and adding it back in fixed it. I later discovered that a dodgy SATA cable was to blame. Upon replacing the cable, and re-assigning the disk back and finally doing a further parity check, resorted in no erros being found, so I'm assuming all my data (past and present) is intact and OK.

Hope this helps.

Archived