Configuration Suggestions

Badboy

Hi,

I have a Qnap I'm thinking on selling.  I just use it as an additional back for media stuff.  If I sell it I would like to move those drives to my Unraid server without tying them into the current raid, and continue on using them as additional backups. Is this possible? I have a thermaltake wp100 case so I do have the space.  I maybe updating motherboard to something else because I'm going to a bigger CPU. I normally turn the Qnap on every few weeks and sync files from Unraid to Qnap using Hybrid 3 which is a nice software.  I wish it was on Unraid.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Current motherboard is a ASRock - X370 Killer SLI

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Badboy said:

Hi,

I have a Qnap I'm thinking on selling.  I just use it as an additional back for media stuff.  If I sell it I would like to move those drives to my Unraid server without tying them into the current raid, and continue on using them as additional backups. Is this possible? I have a thermaltake wp100 case so I do have the space.  I maybe updating motherboard to something else because I'm going to a bigger CPU. I normally turn the Qnap on every few weeks and sync files from Unraid to Qnap using Hybrid 3 which is a nice software.  I wish it was on Unraid.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Current motherboard is a ASRock - X370 Killer SLI

Thanks

You can always have drives that are not part of the array mounted via the Unassigned Devices plugin.  Most common file system formats are supported by this plugin.   Note however that all such drives count towards the Unraid 'attached devices' license limit if they are plugged in when starting the array.

14 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You can always have drives that are not part of the array mounted via the Unassigned Devices plugin.  Most common file system formats are supported by this plugin.   Note however that all such drives count towards the Unraid 'attached devices' license limit if they are plugged in when starting the array.

thanks, I have pro license.