Unable to upgrade past v.6.6.7

vanzylp

I have a strange problem that I am not able to upgrade past v.6.6.7.  Every time I do, I get a series of errors during the boot and the IP assigned is 169.254.93.119 when it should be around 192.168.1.x.  It indicates in the boot the following message “ Cannot find device “bond0” ”.  However, when I go back to v6.6.7 everything works just fine.  Here is what I have tried:

1. Every version since 6.6.7, even the new 6.8 RCs.
  2. A new SanDisk USB Stick.
  3. Unplugged everything from my motherboard (Video cards, USB connectors for the chassis, all hard drives) Imagine a Motherboard, CPU, RAM and a power supply only.
  4. New Intel NIC rather than on-board Ethernet
  5. Forcing a static IP through the installer

None of the above changes created any change in the results (other than #3, since I had no video, I just had to trust that my router was telling me the truth that Unraid never connected).  Logging in and typing “diagnostics” yields a series of warnings and never actually creates the diagnostic ZIP on the flash drive.  I am to the point that I believe that I have a hardware conflict and I have no idea what to do next.  Below is my hardware config:

• Gigabyte 970A-DS3P Motherboard
  • AMD FX-6300 Processor
  • 8GB RAM
  • Intel PRO/1000 Pt Server NIC
  • Asus Geforce GT640 video card
  • Hauppauge 2250 TV Tuner card
  • Hard drives, DVD Drive, USB/memory card module

Since I cannot forward a diagnostics fine, I tried the second best thing and am leaving with a Youtube video of the boot. This boot is done with all of the above hardware installed.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by vanzylp
Corrected error - 2) was SD card, but really should have been USB flash drive

Squid, I have to say it was a little embarrassing how much excitement I showed when my spare USB Drive booted into 6.7.2 and got an IP address.  I was able to upgrade my Unraid box to 6.7.2 successfully after months of scratching my head.  To confirm, it appears that the USB 3.0 port the Flash was plugged into caused this.