File Speed

2 minutes ago, sloppy1969 said:

So Im able to achieve about 1GB/s for about half the transfer "lets say for a 5-10Gb file",

That's while it's being cached to RAM, if it drops after that your SSD can't keep up, even the fastest normal SATA SSD (not NMVe) will usually max out at around 300MB/s, slower TLC based SSD can drop to <100MB/s.

13 minutes ago, sloppy1969 said:

Does it not cache the entire file in ram then write to disk ? Would raiding "0" the SSDs be any better ? 

You are asking rather simple questions with no details for a complicated issue.

What are you copying between (over network? VM to VM? VM to array? VM to cache? cache to cache? etc)? What is your share setting? What is your SSD? How big are the files? How many files?

6 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

In my experience it's only worth increasing if you do mainly do small transfers that will always (or mostly) fit in cache and can wait for the data flush before starting another transfer, or the data flush will be slower than before.

Ill give it a test and see, its mostly video projects I move off my desk top into unriad, I was reading a post you tested this in. 

Is this the command you used "sysctl vm.dirty_ratio=90"?

Where is the file on the flash  "flash/config/disk.cfg"?

Edited by sloppy1969