Unraid 6.7.2 graceful shutdown via cli?

je82

Hello,

I am working on my backup script and i did the following:

ssh -ti /root/.ssh/NAS-rsync-key [email protected] poweroff

I was under the impression that poweroff was the graceful way of shutting down unraid? I later started the machine and was told last shutdown wasn't graceful and i am now looking forward to a 24 hour parity session.

Please help.. how do i gracefully shutdown unraid via cli?

8 minutes ago, je82 said:

I was under the impression that poweroff was the graceful way of shutting down unraid?

It is, but there are 2 phases, it first tries a clean shutdown but it the timeout is reached (as set on Settings -> Disk Settings -> Shutdown time-out) it then tries to do a shutdown anyway, in that case diagnostics should have been saved on the flash logs folder and might provide a clue on what's hanging it up.

7 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It is, but there are 2 phases, it first tries a clean shutdown but it the timeout is reached (as set on Settings -> Disk Settings -> Shutdown time-out) it then tries to do a shutdown anyway, in that case diagnostics should have been saved on the flash logs folder and might provide a clue on what's hanging it up.

hmm, yeah something is odd with my backup server.

for some reason /mnt/cache/system/libvirt.img keeps coming back even though i deleted it

i also removed the default shares isos , system , domain and they appear to be back as well?

why is libvert coming back? i've disabled docker and wm support is disabled in bios

image.thumb.png.9b1b5ed4da5f1c160043cf93fdeebc6f.png

could it be another bug i find?

considering vm support is disabled in bios, but libvirt.img keeps reapppearing that indicates that unraid is booting the vm host manager even though the vm support is disabled.

because vm support is disabled in bios i cannot disable the vm host manager in unraid gui because it tells me vm support is disabled and not giving me an option to disable it?

i can't really access the bios on the backup server without having to do hardware changes, the machine has no GPU at this point.

can someone assist me in disabling the VM manager via a config file most likely stored in /boot/config?

3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It's more of a known issue than bug, when there's no IOMMU support it's not possible to disable VM services on the GUI, you can do it by editing domain.cfg on your flash drive (config/domain.cfg) and changing SERVICE="enable" to "disable".

thank you, going to take a wild guess thats why it failed to gracefully shutdown too.