Cache Drive Periodically Disappears

Wes

I've been setting up my Unraid server over the holiday and have more or less been able to troubleshoot my issues through the use of these forums, Spaceinvader videos, and Reddit. The community surrounding this software is outstanding! The one issue that has persisted during my setup is that my cache drive intermittently disappears. The issue is basically the same as described in this forum thread. The manifestation of the issue (cache disappears) and resolution (complete reboot) are the same. The error messages look similar but I have no where near the expertise to confirm. Before I plunk down more cash for a new cache I'm hoping someone could take a look at the diagnostic output to help confirm that this is a hardware issue. Or if there are any other suggestions that may help remedy my issue.

Thank you!

unraid-diagnostics-20191201-2010.zip

There's a problem with NVMe device:

Dec  1 15:05:20 Unraid kernel: nvme nvme0: Abort status: 0x7
Dec  1 15:05:20 Unraid kernel: nvme nvme0: Shutdown timeout set to 10 seconds
Dec  1 15:05:20 Unraid kernel: nvme nvme0: 8/0/0 default/read/poll queues
Dec  1 15:05:50 Unraid kernel: nvme nvme0: I/O 0 QID 2 timeout, disable controller
Dec  1 15:06:54 Unraid kernel: nvme nvme0: I/O 12 QID 0 timeout, disable controller
Dec  1 15:07:04 Unraid kernel: nvme nvme0: Device shutdown incomplete; abort shutdown

But can't say if it's with the device or the board/controller, you'd need to try this device on another board or another device on this board.