UNRAID & Plex

IKWeb

Hello Forum 

My current Server / NAS setup before my unraid box was a VM Running Plex looking at a share on my NAS. The VM was running on a Hyper V server I have. 

Now I am moving over to UNRAID I wanted to ask which of the below would be best (been new to UNRAID) 

1) VM Running on UNRAID with Plex installed (full windows version) pointing to a share on the UNRAID Server for the Movie & TV Share 

2) Plex running as a plugin (I havent seen much of the plugins yet) But I understand plex can be ran as an App on the UNRAID box. 

What do you think is best? what do you guys run? 

Thank you 

Thank you Squid - My UNRAID Server is building its disks as I type - I havent used Plex via unraid before so wasnt sure if it was via Docker of a plugin that ran on the system. 

I will take a look and see if I can find any youtube vidoes on how its setup as the UNRAID system is new to me... Docker isnt tho. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

52 minutes ago, IKWeb said:

I will take a look and see if I can find any youtube vidoes on how its setup as the UNRAID system is new to me... Docker isnt tho. 

Look for SpaceInvaderOne channel. His tutorial vids are about as close as having the guy doing it at your desk for you.

For Unraid purposes, you can consider "dockers" equivalent to your phone apps.

• Thanks 1