Array disk now appearing unassigned

tower-diagnostics-20191211-1608.zip

A data drive suddenly disappeared and I don't know why. 

I have 5 drives:

8gb parity

240gb SSD cache

6TB data

4TB data

8TB data

The 6TB drive, after a reboot, showed up in "unassigned devices." With the array in maintenance mode, I can mount the drive and see the data on it. If I mount and add it to the array, the array thinks it's a new device and will erase and rebuild the missing data (that's not missing).

1. Why would this suddenly happen? 

2. How can I add it back to the array without losing data?

Edited by TacoBlackHole
Added diagnostics
58 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you have Syslog Server setup so you can get us the logs from before the reboot?

Was that disk recently added/replaced?

Ok, I think I have an idea what happened. I have this seagate 6TB drive. I moved some drives around in the case to put them on an SAS HBA card. But the spot in the case was short on power plugs so I used an SATA splitter. I starved one of the drives of power and then it just crapped errors everywhere. Unfortunately I think it might have zapped some of the parity drive too. Now I can't get the array to stop to see if I can plop the drive back in though I've moved some power plugs around. The whole thing is kind of fubar now, but I'm currently copying the emulated contents to a known good drive to salvage what I can before going any further.

Edited by TacoBlackHole