We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

UDMA CRC error count

voicelex

Hello, I've been using unraid for 2 years now and while I feel like I've learned a lot, I still feel very in the dark when it comes to drive health. I've been slowly getting an error or two for a while now and the number has added up. This is me ending my procrastination to figure it out. I've noticed these errors can be caused by a bad connection but I haven't opened the box in a long while.

Happy to try swapping cables but in the meantime, I've attached my diagnostics file in the hope that I can be pointed towards some resources or given some advice on what to do.

serenity-diagnostics-20191228-1404.zip

That error means the data didn't transfer correctly, but it was able to correct itself.  

Since it's just that error and none of the other important fields have issues, I would just monitor it and see if it increases.  It could've been some random issue at the time that no longer is occurring.  If it is still increasing, try changing the SATA cable and make sure it's not wrapped around any power cables

https://hardforum.com/threads/what-is-udma_crc_error_count.1558825/

Edited by robobub