We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Flash Drive failed during backup

Hello,

I found that my flash drive was likely to fail. I went through the process of creating a backup flash and it seems like the read/write activity caused the drive to finally die completely

I didn't think to write down my serials or the drive letter assignments before the drive failed. I have gone through the process to generate a replacement key and install it to my flash drive but the array is not doing anything but showing a message about "stale configuration" at the bottom of the page. I am hesitant to do much else because I can't re-assign the drives with the correct letters.

What are my options to re-build everything AND save my data? If it is unrecoverable, it isn't a huge deal but it is a pain in the neck to get everything set up again.

Thanks for your help.

The main thing is to not assign any data disk to a parity slot. So if you don't know which disk should be parity, then assign all disks as data and none as parity. Parity will be the disk that is unmountable, since it doesn't have a filesystem to mount. If you have single parity then you would have 1 unmountable, if dual parity then 2 would be unmountable. Regardless, don't agree to format anything.