Mac Pro bonus eSATA drives not showing in unRAID

I'm working on bringing unRAID online on a Mac Pro 1,1. So far I've been able to boot unRAID and can access it via web portal. I can see the internal drive bays no problem. However, the Mac Pro 1,1 logic board has 2 additional, some say hidden, eSATA ports. I've been using the MP to run multiple striped RAIDS redundantly, one of which is housed in an external eSATA enclosure - just a two bay enclosure that powers and cools the drives - driven by those two eSATA ports. My understanding is that there's no difference between accessing those two eSATA ports and the 4 internal drive bays. Those two drives show up flawlessly on boot in MacOS, but when I boot unRAID, they're nowhere to be seen. Has anyone dealt with this?

1 minute ago, dfproductions865 said:

I'm working on bringing unRAID online on a Mac Pro 1,1. So far I've been able to boot unRAID and can access it via web portal. I can see the internal drive bays no problem. However, the Mac Pro 1,1 logic board has 2 additional, some say hidden, eSATA ports. I've been using the MP to run multiple striped RAIDS redundantly, one of which is housed in an external eSATA enclosure - just a two bay enclosure that powers and cools the drives - driven by those two eSATA ports. My understanding is that there's no difference between accessing those two eSATA ports and the 4 internal drive bays. Those two drives show up flawlessly on boot in MacOS, but when I boot unRAID, they're nowhere to be seen. Has anyone dealt with this?

I would suggest you post the system diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) which might give some clues.

Intel controller is set to IDE, see if it's possible to change to AHCI, but all 6 disks disks are being detected and will work but not optimally without AHCI.

I assume the 2 eSATA ports are using the 2 port Marvell controller, if so not link is being detected on those:

Jan  7 10:54:28 Tower kernel: ata8: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 330)
Jan  7 10:54:28 Tower kernel: ata7: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 330)

Yeah, I'm reading users booting Windows via bootcamp run into the same problem, the solution to which is installing AHCI SATA drivers to the Windows bootcamp partition and also modifying the OS X MBR to play nice with the drivers.

The issue lies in the BIOS emulation, for which a workaround exists for Windows. Question is whether or not any such fix exists for unRAID.