[SOLVED] Plugin Serviio on docker and unRaid shared folder permissions

ciopers

Good morning, it's nice to welcome you as new user;)
I have a problem with permissions between the shared folder on unRaid and the docker-based Syncthing plugin used.

I'm using the test version of unRaid 6.8.
In unRaid I created the user "rs" whom I assigned to the shared folder named "Media". The folder is shared as private.

I can easily see this folder from the network and Windows client. I can easily create new files and folders in it and delete them.

Another folder called "Syncthing" is created in the folder "Media", to which I save synchronized files via the Syncthing plugin based on docker and here a problem occurs. The files are visible from the Windows level, I can read them, but I can't delete them. The problem is related to docker permissions, because the files created by the docker have the root owner and when I in unRaid change the owner for all files and folders to user "rs", the problem disappears. I even thought about adding to the cron a cyclical task of changing the owner, but it is not a good solution due to the amount of synchronized data (a few computers). What can I do to make the Syncthing docker work on the same user to whom the owner of the parent folder ("rs") is assigned ??

I will be grateful for your help, best regards :).

I attach screenshots of the docker configuration:

dock1.jpg

docker.jpg

Edited by ciopers
Title change to "solved"

Wow I didn't expect such a quick reply, thank you.

I saw on the forum thread about PUID and PGID settings, but I could not find where to set it, and the problem was in the wrong version of hub: /

Is it enough to change the Docker Hub URL link to linuxserver or do I need to perform a full installation?
If I need to perform a full installation, can I somehow transfer the configuration of Syncthing itself to a new docker so that I do not have to repeat the whole configuration process from the beginning?

The safe thing is to redo from scratch, and simply add on any custom path mappings etc you've made to the template.  The replacement will probably use the same /config folder so maybe there won't be any major issues.  YMMV

The version from xamindar may get removed from the apps tab in the near future.

And it's great.
Everything works nicely, including permissions and configuration.
The only thing I had to change was mapping the variable to the sync folder with files from "syncfolders" (xamindar) to "sync" (linuxserver), which I have already done directly in Syncthing.:)

The last question is what the situation with the updates of Syncthing itself looks like. In the configuration I saw that this option is disabled.
Regards.

18 minutes ago, ciopers said:

The last question is what the situation with the updates of Syncthing itself looks like. In the configuration I saw that this option is disabled.

Here's LSIO's update policy.

• Whenever an update to the base OS for the container (ie: security updates) is released, a rebuild of the container happens which then would appear to you as an update being available on the docker tab.
  • With most of their applications, whenever an update to the app itself is available, a rebuild happens which then triggers an update being available on the docker tab
  • There are some exceptions to the 2nd due to technical reasons on an app or 2.  Can't actually answer for sure where syncthing lies on this