Docker on separated ethernet port

Hi guys,

Being my second post on this forum, i somehow feel bad having to ask almost the same question but I'm trying to pinpoint dockers on specific ethernet but without much success!

Current machine;

Dell PowerEdge R720 with onboard 4 port Nic card.

Some week ago I was Kindly helped by bonienl so I could run my Plex docker on it's own ethernet port witch work flawlessly.

But I have now installed 2 more dockers witch are Krusader and Pihole. The issue is I just find out that those 2 dockers, as well as the Plex one, are all running on the same port! For bandwidth sake, I want Plex docker to run alone on it's own ethernet port!

So here I my current setup;

Eth0 = Access Unraid Os.

Eth1 = Plex docker, Krusader docker, Pihole docker.

Eth2 = No use for it right now. Surely a Windows virtual machine in a not so distant future.

Eth3 = No use for it right now

Current configuration as explained by bonienl;

Network settings;

Eth0, bond = No, bridge = Yes (single member eth0), static IP address = 10.0.1.122 /24, gateway = 10.0.1.1.

Eth1, bond = No, bridge = Yes (single member eth1), IP address = NONE.

Eth2 = No use for it right now. Surely a Windows virtual machine in a not so distant future.

Docker configuration;

BR0 - uncheck

BR1 - Subnet = 10.0.1.0 /24, gateway = 10.0.1.1, DHCP pool = 10.0.1.128 /25

So, is it possible to have my setup configured as this, with puts Krusader and Pihole docker on "Eth0" instead of Eth1;

Eth0 = Access Unraid Os, Krusader docker, Pihole docker.

Eth1 = Plex docker only.

Thank you for your help!

Ok, by the lack of response i got, i decided to try ling aggregation on eth0 and eth1 ports and it work flawlessly without a hassle.

But i still don’t understand how people are running multiple docker app if they are all running on the same ethernet port. Shouldn’t all those apps saturate the speed as i have experience when using Plex and Krusader app at the same time?

if it is possible, i’m still asking the question. Having multiple ethernet port card, how can you run krusader docker on eth0 port and Plex on eth1 port?

If setup the network adapters under settings->network you have to take the ports out of the default bridge and put them into their own. Then in docker you will be ale to setup your images to use that adapter. They will have their own IP address so you don't have to worry about port mapping.

As long as you are using gigabit Ethernet one port should be more than enough to run the dockers you listed.