Cache Issues Following Creation of Cache Pool

PhilUK

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me.

I added a second SSD to my Unraid 6.8.1 server on Monday. I now have a 128GB SSD and a 120GB SSD in a btrfs cache pool.

Seemed to go absolutely fine, balance happened leaving a total available space showing on the cache of 248GB with 141GB used.

image.png.2f8f925b7bc5a6d7a5810487abc7cc5e.png

NOTE: I have an issue with the UDMA CRC error count on 'Cache' - it was not presenting any issues prior to the move to a pool. I have changed SATA cables since the error first presented itself and the count is stable.

Balance status shows this:

image.png.05cd59f512b8d14c87d9451740de49c3.png

which based on searching, seem to be correct.

However... on boot up my server is not allowing docker to run. Fix common problems is throwing the following errors:

image.thumb.png.fa76b1edbfeb2ff7473745f333f14f34.png

So I try to stop the server to diagnose / investigate. But it is now stuck 'retrying unmounting disk shares'

Going into terminal, I do ls /mnt

This shows only 2 remaining shares/mounted points. Theres nothing in disks, just a hangover from unassigned devices which I use to mount a usb drive for backup. The USB device is showing as unmounted in the GUI and does not show up in /mnt/disks.

image.png.2753961d31ea2ef5bdaf0443f5dfbc3a.png

Then lsof /mnt/cache & lsof /mnt/disks

But nothing is showing at all.

image.png.1aad589a4d6b8c7ffc082c91a4d5e62a.png

I'm far from an expert in linux/unraid but I think I'm doing all the right things.

I can't get any further, HELP! The critical cause here is the creation of the cache pool having borked my server because it now thinks it is full...

Thanks in advance.