(Solved) Tower Not Connecting to Network

After about a year of solid use my system has had a major issue. Today I needed to reset my home WiFi network and after doing such I notices I was not longer able to access my server thru the web client. After restarting the server I noticed that the IPv4 and 6 fields stated there was no assigned IP address so I tried to reset the network config file as mention in a number of similar posts. Unfortunately this didn't fix the issue so I tested to see if the router or wire were the issue by plugging them into another computer but they were working fine. So at this point I'm worried that I'll have to do a fresh install to fix it and lose all my shares, dockers, and vms. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

I have attached the diagnostics file as well.

Thank in advance for any help. 

tower-diagnostics-20200202-2044.zip

So I re-plugged the ethernet cable in a made sure the green light came on and saw that IPv4 now has an IP address. However, I still can not connect to the web client by either the aforementioned IP address or going to the portal. The error message on the webpage is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN and tower's server IP address could not be found. Any idea what could be causing this?

Edited by dman19922
1 hour ago, dman19922 said:

So I re-plugged the ethernet cable in a made sure the green light came on and saw that IPv4 now has an IP address. However, I still can not connect to the web client by either the aforementioned IP address or going to the portal. The error message on the webpage is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN and tower's server IP address could not be found. Any idea what could be causing this?

Do you have anything else working on the network?  Lets first look at your router to make sure its working correctly.  Can you plug your laptop etc, into your router to see if it gets an ip?  Also, what you are using to connect to the webclient with and how is it connected to the router?

try http://192.168.86.28

Feb  2 21:14:21 Tower dhcpcd[2182]: br0: soliciting a DHCP lease
Feb  2 21:14:26 Tower dhcpcd[2182]: br0: probing for an IPv4LL address
Feb  2 21:14:30 Tower dhcpcd[2182]: br0: offered 192.168.86.28 from 192.168.86.1
Feb  2 21:14:30 Tower dhcpcd[2182]: br0: probing address 192.168.86.28/24
Feb  2 21:14:31 Tower dhcpcd[2182]: br0: using IPv4LL address 169.254.203.133
Feb  2 21:14:31 Tower dhcpcd[2182]: br0: adding route to 169.254.0.0/16
Feb  2 21:14:31 Tower dhcpcd[2182]: br0: adding default route

Maybe your unraid "Tower" is not registered in your dns correctly.

ip seems fine, however your route ip does not seem right.

**You should consider giving your unraid a static ip in your router so it will not jump around and is easier to troubleshoot.

Edited by kilobit
  • dman19922 changed the title to (Solved) Tower Not Connecting to Network