BIG Whoops On the Root Folder

Long story short, I was trying to delete the contents of a specific appdata folder. I was cd'd into that folder then big whoops.

"rm -R /*" instead of "rm -R *"

I caught my mistake in a few seconds then killed the command. So I know unraid runs the root directory from RAM not the USB drive. I can still log into the web GUI but only get top navigation bar and everything beneath is blank white. I still have access to all of my running dockers and SMB shares etc. I can no longer SSH into the system. 

If I reboot what data will be rebuilt from the USB drive?Will it even boot?What Data will I loose?(I do have backups on everything besides non linux Isos in my array including the app data folder but rather not have to pull that content back from the cloud $$$$$)How long until the the root folder is purged to the USB Drive??

HELP

It depends on what was deleted.     Anything in RAM will be recreated on a reboot from the USB drive.    If it got as far as the physical media then anything deleted from there is list.

No idea whether anything will have been removed from the USB drive - it is probably going to be a case of rebooting and seeing if everything comes back.    If you have a backup of the dtive (something you should always have) then you can easily recreate it.

I think it only got as far as the /usr,  /bin, /etc as I am getting some emails from unraid that things in those folders are missing(recycle bin can't run errors). I can still access all of my other data physical media(Cache Drive & Data Disks). Do you happen to have an idea on what things are read directly from the USB Drive that I had access to delete. 

I travel for work and I am not going to be able to get physically in front of the server for almost 6 days. My girlfriend however at home can do a hard reset. I just want to make sure it will boot if I do a hard reset. I always remembered to back up everything besides the usb drive. Going fwd I will definitely have to automate that backup also to my freenas server. 

Edited by justinh3r

If you can get to the console somehow you can check the content of the /boot folder. That's where the flash drive is mounted. Or, try to access \\tower\flash if it was shared. Worst case you will need to retrieve your license key file from a backup or your purchase email when it was sent to you, and determine what order your drives were assigned.

If you can live with the level of access you have right now, I'd leave it until you get back. It's not going to do more damage by continuing to run like it is.