Unraid USB Creator (MacOS)

When I try to run the application it comes back with a Script Error 

PasteBoard: Error creating pasteboard: com.apple.pasteboard.clipboard [-4960]
PasteBoard: Error creating pasteboard: com.apple.pasteboard.find [-4960]
IOCreatePlugInInterfaceForService returned 0xe00002be for device name Flash Drive FIT.
2020-02-11 10:58:42.258 Unraid USB Creator[15901:1356378] The application with bundle ID com.limetech.UnraidUC is running setugid(), which is not allowed. Exiting.

I have tried different USB ports and other thumbdrives (USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, and USB C)

I have run this from my desktop and my laptop. Both are running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.3 (19D76)

I have tried to right click opening the app. I have also given the app Full disk access in the preference panel. 

On 2/12/2020 at 2:13 PM, wgstarks said:

It seems that pasteboard is broken in macOS Catalina.

https://metacpan.org/pod/Mac::Pasteboard

You can still use the manual method. Be sure SIP is disabled on your Mac.

I'm having the same issue. I've tried to create an USB on both MacOS and Linux. The GUI-application on MacOS generates pasteboard errors. The scripts to make the USB bootable also generates errors both on Linux and MacOS. I'm not having a Windows computer around, so I'm out of options. Too bad, I wanted to try Unraid on my new server.

48 minutes ago, esto said:

I'm having the same issue. I've tried to create an USB on both MacOS and Linux. The GUI-application on MacOS generates pasteboard errors. The scripts to make the USB bootable also generates errors both on Linux and MacOS. I'm not having a Windows computer around, so I'm out of options. Too bad, I wanted to try Unraid on my new server.

Do you have SIP disabled?

5 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Do you have SIP disabled?

On MacOS I did. The script ends with some errors that the device is locked so it can't be unmounted right before the message that creation was succesfull. I tried several times. I started the script both with a mounted and unmounted USB at start. Waited more than 20 minutes before unplugging the USB, but after a while I decided to force-unmount the USB. The script keeps the USB 'busy'. On the targetmachine the USB is not bootable.

I found out what was wrong.

With the manual method you have to start a script (make_bootable_linux or make_bootable_mac). Off course you should give this script the attribute +x, so it can be executed. The script does some checks and then copies files to the USB-drive. One of the last steps in the script is a 'call' to an other script: /tmp/UNRAID/syslinux/make_bootable_linux.sh. The problem with this is, that the script is just copied and does not have an execution flag (+x). After I've added the command "sudo chmod +x /tmp/UNRAID/syslinux/make_bootable_linux.sh" it works if I start the script with an unmounted (but plugged in) USB. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/12/2020 at 5:13 AM, wgstarks said:

You can still use the manual method. Be sure SIP is disabled on your Mac.

Alternatively to disabling SIP altogether,

$ xattr -l /tmp/UNRAID/syslinux/syslinux
com.apple.quarantine: 0081;xxxxxxxx;Chrome;<...GUID...>

$ xattr -c /tmp/UNRAID/syslinux/syslinux

$ sudo /tmp/UNRAID/syslinux/make_bootable_mac.sh /dev/<THE_DISK_IT_TRIED_BEFORE>

syslinux for Mac OS X; created by Geza Kovacs for UNetbootin unetbootin.sf.net
"/dev/disk2s1" unmounted successfully.

syslinux installed successfully!

INFO: the Unraid OS USB Flash drive is now bootable and may be ejected.