Unable to add another SSD

This is my setup

-----------------------------

Asus Rog Strix B450 F Gaming MB
Ryzen 5 2600X
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB 2048 Bit Graphics card
32GB (2x16) Corsar 3200MHZ RAM

4 4TB WD Red Drives (1 running as parity)
1 Crucial 500GB NVME drive 
1 8Port 6GB Sata PCIE card (My 4 4TB drives are plugged into this) Linked for reference

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MSCX5QY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Corsair CX Series 650 Watt Power supply

Now when I try to add another SSD the CPU fans spins for a second and then stops.  Then I need to flip the power switch or unplug and plug back in to get it working. 

This is the second SSD I tried to add.  

Things to note:  I am plugging this one directly into the Motherboad and not using the SATA card.  I used all of the plugs on one cable and do not have a second one.

I am trying sata 1 on the motherboard but have tried other slots. 

I also tried a different sata cable but still same result. 

The SSD is a 1tb Samsung 860 EVO.  

Appreciate the advice. 

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Sounds like a power issue. Like a shorted cable or bad connector, not that the PSU doesn't have enough power.

Describe or attach a photo of how your power is distributed to all your devices.

I am not sure I understand the question.  The Power supply gives power to the mobo, the heat sink, graphics card, and hdds, besides the nvme drive thats plugged directly into the mobo.  I hope this doesnt sound like I'm being snarky.  I may just not understand what you are asking. 

8 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

I'm asking about the physical connections to the drives. How many discrete sets of cable runs from the PSU to how many drives. Any splitters? etc.

the 4 hdds have one cable.  The Mobo has its own cable.  Video card has its own cable.  And the new SDD I am adding has its own cable as well.

Something I forgot to mention.  This only happens when I plug both the power plug and the Sata cable to the new drive.  If I just have the power cable plugged in and no sata, the PC boots up fine.