No network connection [SOLVED]

So after a couple of months I finally got my original mobo and cpu back from RMA and swap them in only to be met with my server having no network access. At first I thought it was the integrated ethernet port on the mobo but I also tried using a usb ethernet adapter which wouldn't work either. I've tried multiple ethernet cables as well with no luck. Could someone take a look at my diagnostic file to see if they can spot what's going on?

htpc-diagnostics-20200306-0000.zip

Solved. My integrated NIC pooped out.

Edited by thatnovaguy
Problem solved

Did you check to see that the on-board NIC was turned on in the BIOS?  (I see no signs that any NIC driver was loaded)  Do you have ECC memory installed?  (there are a lot of syslog entries complaining about that!)

I don't think that Unraid will install a driver for a USB-based NIC.  You will have to use a network card.  (However, that MB should have an Intel NIC chip set...)

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

Did you check to see that the on-board NIC was turned on in the BIOS?  (I see no signs that any NIC driver was loaded)  Do you have ECC memory installed?  (there are a lot of syslog entries complaining about that!)

I don't think that Unraid will install a driver for a USB-based NIC.  You will have to use a network card.  (However, that MB should have an Intel NIC chip set...)

I have normal trident z ddr4 memory installed. I'm going to boot into a different linux distro to see if it's the onboard device that's the issue. My thought being if it works on that distro then it's an unraid problem rather than a hardware problem.

26 minutes ago, thatnovaguy said:

I have normal trident z ddr4 memory installed. I'm going to boot into a different linux distro to see if it's the onboard device that's the issue. My thought being if it works on that distro then it's an unraid problem rather than a hardware problem.

Yeah so my integrated nic is busted. At least I know what happened. For future reference unraid will install the driver for the usb based nic during boot.

• Thanks 1