Disk disabled

Disabled Disk serial #JEKTYN9Z

1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     PO-R--   100   100   016    -    0 <---- DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN ANYTHING BUT # SHOULDN'T BE GOING UP EITHER
  2 Throughput_Performance  --S---   131   131   054    -    104
  3 Spin_Up_Time            POS---   149   149   024    -    442 (Average 441)
  4 Start_Stop_Count        -O--C-   100   100   000    -    47
  5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   PO--CK   100   100   005    -    0
  7 Seek_Error_Rate         -O-R--   100   100   067    -    0
  8 Seek_Time_Performance   --S---   128   128   020    -    18
  9 Power_On_Hours          -O--C-   100   100   000    -    5076
 10 Spin_Retry_Count        -O--C-   100   100   060    -    0
 12 Power_Cycle_Count       -O--CK   100   100   000    -    35
 22 Helium_Level            PO---K   100   100   025    -    100
192 Power-Off_Retract_Count -O--CK   095   095   000    -    6359
193 Load_Cycle_Count        -O--C-   095   095   000    -    6359
194 Temperature_Celsius     -O----   185   185   000    -    35 (Min/Max 21/41)
196 Reallocated_Event_Count -O--CK   100   100   000    -    0
197 Current_Pending_Sector  -O---K   100   100   000    -    0
198 Offline_Uncorrectable   ---R--   100   100   000    -    0
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    -O-R--   200   200   000    -    0

Looking at the smart data for the disabled disk above, it looks fine BUT the disk was disabled for a reason, if you overwrite the existing disk (re-enable) then you'll have limited recovery options. Best practice dictates that you rebuild to a new disk, read here. I don't think you have FS corruption on the disabled disk as I'd expect to see an error like: "XFS (md3) Metadata corruption detected" or something similar. even so, do not proceed with any type of rebuild, format etc until you understand the potential for data loss.

Mar  9 02:10:37 Titan kernel: usb 3-4: new full-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
Mar  9 02:10:37 Titan kernel: usb 1-4: new high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
Mar  9 02:10:37 Titan kernel: hid-generic 0003:0764:0601.0001: hiddev96,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [CPS CP1500PFCLCDa] on usb-0000:0c:00.3-4/input0
Mar  9 02:10:37 Titan kernel: usb-storage 1-4:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
Mar  9 02:10:37 Titan kernel: scsi host0: usb-storage 1-4:1.0
Mar  9 02:10:37 Titan kernel: scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 PMAP PQ: 0 ANSI: 6

I can't tell for sure if it is or not but make sure your flash is on USB 2 not USB 3, otherwise it won't work and could cause various errors including disabling disk due to dropped connectivity.

Mar  9 14:43:45 Titan unassigned.devices: Mounting 'Auto Mount' Remote Shares...

Mar  9 14:44:00 Titan ool www[29017]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/xfs_check 'start' '/dev/md3' 'WDC_WD100EMAZ-00WJTA0_JEKTYN9Z' '-n'

Is the disabled disk on USB 3 as an unassigned device? USB 3 may affect that too but someone else will need to confirm...

Issues found in Fix Common Problems

Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to communicate with GitHub.com
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: disk3 (WDC_WD100EMAZ-00WJTA0_JEKTYN9Z) is disabled
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker Application tautulli has an update available for it
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker application jackett has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker application openvpn-as has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Could not check for blacklisted plugins
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Could not perform unknown plugins installed checks
Mar  9 14:40:41 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Could not perform docker application port tests

Some of these may indicate a network issue but I think they are irrelevant to your disabled disk. Squid's Fix Common Problems is really good about telling you what's wrong, if you can't figure these errors out then consider posting in the CA thread for support.

On 3/9/2020 at 6:38 PM, Dissones4U said:

Looking at the smart data for the disabled disk above, it looks fine BUT the disk was disabled for a reason, if you overwrite the existing disk (re-enable) then you'll have limited recovery options. Best practice dictates that you rebuild to a new disk, read here. I don't think you have FS corruption on the disabled disk as I'd expect to see an error like: "XFS (md3) Metadata corruption detected" or something similar. even so, do not proceed with any type of rebuild, format etc until you understand the potential for data loss.

I can't tell for sure if it is or not but make sure your flash is on USB 2 not USB 3, otherwise it won't work and could cause various errors including disabling disk due to dropped connectivity.

Is the disabled disk on USB 3 as an unassigned device? USB 3 may affect that too but someone else will need to confirm...

Some of these may indicate a network issue but I think they are irrelevant to your disabled disk. Squid's Fix Common Problems is really good about telling you what's wrong, if you can't figure these errors out then consider posting in the CA thread for support.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:42 AM, johnnie.black said:

Disk was already disabled at boot so we can't see what happened, best to replace/swap cables to rule them out them rebuild.

I did a rebuild on the disk and now my dockers versions say "not available" but the dockers are running and the webiu is accessible.  I've restarted docker service, restarted the system, and checked for updates. However, when I checked for updates, it just stalls and never finishes. 

TTIdJwb.png
edit: 1 hour later, the Shinobi and radarr containers changed to "not available" 
image.png.3db557b2dc611c0b95040cf016e898eb.png

Edited by TarrifMan
update
6 hours ago, TarrifMan said:

I did a rebuild on the disk

I assume the original "disk disabled" problem is resolved and now your only issue is docker connectivity? 

6 hours ago, TarrifMan said:

my dockers versions say "not available" but the dockers are running and the webiu is accessible.

So is this just cosmetic?

On 3/9/2020 at 7:38 PM, Dissones4U said:

Issues found in Fix Common Problems

Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to communicate with GitHub.com
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: disk3 (WDC_WD100EMAZ-00WJTA0_JEKTYN9Z) is disabled
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker Application tautulli has an update available for it
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker application jackett has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker application openvpn-as has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Could not check for blacklisted plugins
Mar  9 14:40:40 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Could not perform unknown plugins installed checks
Mar  9 14:40:41 Titan root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Could not perform docker application port tests

My guess is that the above errors are generated due to a lack of internet access and are directly related to the docker updates showing as not available. With that in mind, I'd start with some basic network troubleshooting. Try to rule out one hardware component at a time such as the ethernet cable, NIC, (maybe SSD that houses Docker but I doubt it). Then move to software settings such as unRaid network settings, docker configuration, CA auto update applications settings etc. If you haven't already, you should enable syslog server just in case and always include your latest diagnostics... On a final note, if your original issue of 'disk disabled' is resolved you may want to either change the title to better reflect the current problem or start a new thread. A disabled disk is pretty basic whereas docker connectivity is a whole different specialty.

On 3/15/2020 at 11:51 PM, Dissones4U said:

I assume the original "disk disabled" problem is resolved and now your only issue is docker connectivity? 

So is this just cosmetic?

My guess is that the above errors are generated due to a lack of internet access and are directly related to the docker updates showing as not available. With that in mind, I'd start with some basic network troubleshooting. Try to rule out one hardware component at a time such as the ethernet cable, NIC, (maybe SSD that houses Docker but I doubt it). Then move to software settings such as unRaid network settings, docker configuration, CA auto update applications settings etc. If you haven't already, you should enable syslog server just in case and always include your latest diagnostics... On a final note, if your original issue of 'disk disabled' is resolved you may want to either change the title to better reflect the current problem or start a new thread. A disabled disk is pretty basic whereas docker connectivity is a whole different specialty.

yeah, I redid all the network paths and everything was back. Not sure how it broke in the first place tho! thanks for the help