vnstatd and hypervisor errors

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently experiencing 3 errors which are visible once unRaid boots up.

vnstat: no process found

error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

error: failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory

I can no longer pass through my amd rx 570 gpu through my macOS vm ever since this error showed up.

attached are the server's diagnostics and im unRAID OS 6.8.3 (this error orgianally started on 6.8.2

I have no clue what the issue is and would really appreciate anyones help and support ASAP please.

the-server-xxxx-diagnostics-20200315-1011.zip

Hey,

I highly appreciate your response but I ended up  finding out that those 3 errors were caused by plugins which now have been uninstalled. This still never solved my issue of being unable to pass through my AMD GPU to any VM. This pass through always used to work but all the sudden just didn’t work about 2 weeks ago whilst on 6.8.2. I don’t know what else I can provide you. I’ve tried new unRaid installs and restoring from backups but the issue still persists of just a black screen whenever the card is passthroughed to any VM. I’ve got a NVIDIA card in the system as well which works perfectly fine. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/15/2020 at 10:12 AM, YaBoiRobbo said:

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently experiencing 3 errors which are visible once unRaid boots up.

vnstat: no process found

error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

error: failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory

On 3/18/2020 at 7:48 AM, YaBoiRobbo said:

I highly appreciate your response but I ended up  finding out that those 3 errors were caused by plugins which now have been uninstalled. 

On 9/11/2020 at 7:18 PM, theunraidhomeuser said:

would be helpful to know which plugins.. in the spirit of helping others..

VM Backup (Beta) plugin app by JTok was causing the bottom 2 error messages for me, using unRAID v6.8.3. 

After uninstalling and rebooting, the errors are gone.

More info about these errors can be read in the following Issue thread on the author's GitHub page, with comments and initial troubleshooting of cause:

https://github.com/JTok/unraid.vmbackup/issues/18

Also, this linked post of the following thread for other details: