Unraid folder /boot going empty after boot

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have an answer for this one?  When booting my unraid, everything boots fine apart from the GUI. This boots fine in safe mode.  After inspection, find that the /boot on the USB thumbdrive (brand new) is blank.  It seems that I can catch it just after a login prompt on a fresh reboot but if I leave it for 30secs then login to the /boot, the directory is empty.  I've removed all plugins but docker and VM is running.  VM is running fine which I find odd.  Can anyone shed some light on this as its driving me nuts?

Many thanks

USB3 ports seem to give unreliable connections for some systems. There is no advantage to the greater speed for this use, so best to stick with the greater reliability of USB2 ports.

Unraid doesn't need fast access to flash. The OS is loaded from the archives on flash at boot time into RAM, and it runs completely in RAM. Think of it as firmware except easier to work with. Other than that access at boot time, it also stores settings you make in the webUI, but speed is not needed for anything, neither is capacity beyond about 2GB.