Dockers not seeing new files created within Unassigned Drive

• 1 month later...

I want to say thank you to everyone. I was able to figure out most of it with everyone's guidance. 

Essentially, for the VM I ended up using /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD10EADS-11M2B3_WD-WMAV52309489-part1 instead of the whole drive.

For Emby, I set the directory to /mnt/disks/Downloads with R/O Slave.

This still makes the mounted drive in UD read only, but thats ok. Now when I use the VM to create files in the drive it appears in Unraid within a few minutes. Once it appears in Unraid when I use the web to explore the drive. I can scan the folder in Emby and the media files show up.

I tried using /dev/sdd1 for the VM which does allow the UD to mount the drive with Write, but I decided against it since SpaceInvader's video on this topic stated that ssd1 can change if you have multiple drives.

I'm still working on getting it to work in the Nextcloud docker. I have the directory setup the same, but new files that I can see in Unraid, don't appear in Nextcloud. If anyone has any theories let me know. I'll keep working at it, if I figure it out I'll post it.

Edited by iPenguin02