CPU load spiking constantly

This is a strange problem that I've been experiencing randomly for the past few weeks. Looking at the Dashboard I will see my CPU load spiking to 100% or near that every few seconds. I've attached a gif below that shows what it looks like. The gif is not sped up at all, it is real-time. While this is happening I can tell there is sluggishness in the unraid interface. Even going to the terminal and starting to type it will pause for a second before catching up with everything I typed. I'm also unable to play 4k files over the network as it also affects my network throughput. It's odd that all cores are spiking as well because I have cores 10/22 and 11/23 isolated to a VM. The VM is also very sluggish and pretty much unusable while this is happening.

I've stared at top/htop endlessly and nothing stands out as the cause. I tried looking at various i/o wait tools and I don't see anything of note. Rebooting sometimes makes it go away, but only for a random amount of time. I've even booted with auto-start disabled and at some point it will start happening. So I think that rules out the possibility of any dockers/VM's causing it. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...I'd really like to be able to watch my 4k content.

load.gif.50d618f3245782c0fca7a33988ef21a8.gif

shaun-nas-diagnostics-20200323-1948.zip