Asus P7P55D-E + Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 / WORKING (was NO GOOD)

hi, i'm having issues with this board and the supermicro card ... when all the card ports are filled with hard disks, the usb flash no longer shows up as an option to boot from ...

i've tried manually booting (f8) or making the board simulate the usb as a cdrom, floppy and all the other options to no avail.

it does boot when the card is less than fully loaded with disks, but this is not what i need.

will use the board as an htpc and purchase another board (thinking about the supermicro MBD-X8SIL-F-O).

hi, i'm having issues with this board and the supermicro card ... when all the card ports are filled with hard disks, the usb flash no longer shows up as an option to boot from ...

i've tried manually booting (f8) or making the board simulate the usb as a cdrom, floppy and all the other options to no avail.

it does boot when the card is less than fully loaded with disks, but this is not what i need.

will use the board as an htpc and purchase another board (thinking about the supermicro MBD-X8SIL-F-O).

Go into the BIOS of the supermicro card and disable INT13.

I am working with the Supermicro X8SIL-F motherboard from the Beast Build for a client and there is a setting in the BIOS for the motherboard about "Interrupt 19" (or something like that).  That setting for this motherboard tells it to probe attached SATA cards for bootable drives.  I have disabled the settings on the Supermicro Motherboard and the Supermicro SATA card and so far have not had a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the same problem with this motherboard, but with another cheap ATA interface card to use my old 300 GB ATA disks.

The problem with this motherboard is that you can not have more than 12 devices in the harddisk boot list, if you have 12 devices harddisk devices the USB device will be pushed out of the list.

So it is very important to buy additional Sata card that have the possibilty to disable boot. !!

The reason is:  ;)

The board have 9 SATA Controlleres and 2 ATA controllers and 2 of 6 GB SATA controlleres can be disabled from boot.

You then have 7 Sata disk in the device list, if you buy a card without the possibility to disable boot, then you can only use 4 more devices before the usb device is of the boot list. !!

So my next step is to buy the Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 and disable the boot, and add additional disks  :)