Problems with NIC's untangle VM

I am attempting to run untangle firewall in a vm. I am passing through a quad port intel nic which I have had working with pfsense.
I stub my nics using vfio-pci.ids=xxxx:xxxx, the nics are no longer present in unraid and I am able to select them as other pci devices in
unraids vm manager.

I install untangle and everything works fine, I use the setup wizard and have connectivity to the internet. However when I boot after basic config I have no internet connectivity. I can ping googles,cloudfares dns but nothing else. My nics show connected in the untangled interface and I show a wan ip. I thought the problem was related to untangle but started digging in the vm logs and found the following errors for my nics.

2020-04-22T14:06:29.351910Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio-pci: Cannot read device rom at 0000:03:00.0
Device option ROM contents are probably invalid (check dmesg).
Skip option ROM probe with rombar=0, or load from file with romfile=
2020-04-22T14:06:29.352579Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio-pci: Cannot read device rom at 0000:03:00.1
2020-04-22T14:06:29.353203Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio-pci: Cannot read device rom at 0000:04:00.0
2020-04-22T14:06:29.353825Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio-pci: Cannot read device rom at 0000:04:00.1

I am curious if I should be looking into these errors or my problem is untangle firewall? I noticed the errors are also present in my pfsense vm however pfsense will route traffic. Any help is appreciated. Not sure which direction to go.

• 2 years later...