Windows 10 VM "Demonic" Audio - Existing fixes not working (SOLVED)

EDIT: My issue appears to be caused by VoiceMeeter Banana as I had the same issue randomly happen on my Laptop. Restarting the audio engine resolves the issue but I am still narrowing down the full cause. It just so happens to have the same effect as the regular audio issue which lead me down the wrong rabbit hole... in my frustration I didn't really think about how the two might be unrelated considering I wasn't actually using the GPU sound output since it never worked for me properly to begin with.

There are tons of threads on this issue and I have been reading them for days... I have tried every existing fix I can find but this issue persists.

Basic Hardware Info:

• Ryzen 7 2700X (8-core/16-threads)
  • NVIDIA 1060 GTX 6GB
  • 32GB RAM
  • 500GB m.2 NVME as Cache

Windows 10 VM:

• 8 threads pinned (4-cores and their matching hyper-threads)
  • 16 GB RAM dedicated
  • Q35-4.2
  • OMVF BIOS
  • Hyper-V Enabled
  • GPU and associated Sound card are passed through.
  • GPU ROM BIOS is selected
  • Primary vDisk on Cache.

What I have tried so far:

• Enable Message-signaled Interrupts (MSI) for GPU and GPU Sound manually and via MSI utility. (verified enabled)
    • Capabilities: [68] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
  • Passed through entire USB controller via vfio-pci.ids method in boot options and tried two separate USB sound cards on that controller
  • Isolated the 8 cores/threads that are assigned to the VM, made sure no other Container/VM had these pinned
  • Passed through the GPU and its sound card via vfio-pci.ids method in boot options
  • Swapped audio output on any and all outputs between various KHz settings

Additional Info:

I also use VoiceMeeter Banana (VMB) to consolidate various audio inputs and outputs for game streaming and video conferencing. Restarting the Windows audio engine has helped once thus far. Upon the next occurrence I plan on trying to swap audio to output directly to my various speakers instead of through VMB to rule it out; however, I don't suspect this to be the problem.

Has anyone else gone through this with a Windows 10 VM? Any suggestions or ideas for resolution?

Edited by ch3vr0n5
6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Have you tried the audio from the video card yet?

Yes; however, while I know the audio on the video card works it doesn't output in the VM. It shows up as a device and registers output in the VM but sound does not actually reach my speakers. I verified the audio out of the monitor and speakers work via another device hooked up to it.

image.png.b26e521d0bbed2634e9a1142271701df.png