Message shows after starting array

After starting my array, next to the 'Array Started' message in the bottom right corner there is a message 'Starting services...'.  It shows up for a second or two then goes away.  When it is not there my server shows up in windows explorer but when it is there it doesn't show.  This is my first experience with Linux and this is a new server built with all new parts except for the drive.  I have attached a video of what I'm talking about and my debug zip folder. 

BTW, this shows up even in safe mode.  I am able to access the webGUI on that windows machine this whole time.  

Video doesn't seem to work. But from your description it sounds normal. You start the array and it takes a short time before it is completely finished starting.

Or, at least, there are some "services" that also have to start after the array is started, such as SMB which is the protocol you are probably using to access your shares over the network.

12 hours ago, Cupcake_Person2 said:

After starting my array, next to the 'Array Started' message in the bottom right corner there is a message 'Starting services...'.  It shows up for a second or two then goes away.  When it is not there my server shows up in windows explorer but when it is there it doesn't show. 

Among the services it is starting are the SMB protocol, which is what allows your Windows computer to see files on the server. Normal.