Issues with the Network

I have been having an issue with Unraid on my server.

If I start a fresh install of Unraid and I setup the network and the arrays of 2 drives for now  after a couple of reboots I am unable to connect the my network. it's intermittent. So what I do is I stop my server and pull out the usb thumb drive and wipe the content of network.cfg and insert these into the file.

USE_DHCP=no

IPADDR=192.168.1.230

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

Then the system will be fine for a while until I go into the App section and I see that I get an error that it cannot connect to the Community Applications app and it gives a few pointers to try to enter a set of dns's.

Then again I pull the usb thumb drive out and wipe the content of network.cfg all of again.

I also downloaded Notepad ++ and save the file in Linux file system so I don't mess up the file

Also I also tried 2 usb keys a Kingston 2.0 and brand new Sandisk USB 2.0 and same  issues.

I switched Network cards also with the same model same issue.

I did pay for a basic license for now and I was looking forward to get another 7 licenses since I own 8 servers.

Edited by Sillyvain
typos

After I re-created the network.cfg file I boot into Unraid and configure the network settings all over again . I tried my ISP dns and also 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4. same issue. I should of added that part in my original post.. sorry

I use the gui to configure everything which I was doing originally.. I was entering the ip , subnet and gateway and slap in the pc and then configure the rest in the gui

Edited by Sillyvain
typos

I just re

I just rebooted another UnRaid Server that was running great for a week and when it came back on it lost the network connectivity.

My server has an option for an micro sd card and I will try to see if I boot from it would resolves the issue.

Edited by Sillyvain