Split level help

So after reading the wiki, I’ve figured my split levels are wrong. I still need help understanding it and setting it optimally for my shares.

i have my media shares set up as the following:

movies\movie name\movie file

for this setup, if I want all movie names folder to be on the same disk until it has to move onto a second disk (high water), I would set it to level 1 or top level correct? If i have more than 1 file in the folder such as a .nfo file, would level 1 still work because split level only pertains to folders?

for shows I have it on another share as:

shows\tv show name\season\episodes

if I wanted my tv show folders to be on the same disk while seasons can be split up, I would set it to level 2 correct?

Also, since my initial setup was wrong, is there a plugin to fix this by moving the folders to the correct disks?

4 minutes ago, qmatic said:

If i have more than 1 file in the folder such as a .nfo file, would level 1 still work because split level only pertains to folders?

correct

if I wanted my tv show folders to be on the same disk while seasons can be split up, I would set it to level 2 correct?

correct

Also, since my initial setup was wrong, is there a plugin to fix this by moving the folders to the correct disks?

There are the diskmv/consolidate scripts but they might not work on current releases due to permissions.