Nvidia Driver Plugin Issues

Hey all! I am hoping that someone may have an explanation for the issue I am facing.

I recently purchased a Lenovo Nvidia P400 and was attempting to install it, but I have run into a couple of issues. Here is what I did:

1. Upon boot, it appeared as though the system was defaulting to the PEG, which made it not possible to view the Motherboard startup sequence, or Unraid startup sequence where I log in to the system. I just waited a certain amount of time so that I knew I was at the password portion, typed my password blind, and success! Booted successfully into Unraid.

2. I went to install the Nvidia plugin, but when I went to install the Unraid version, the Plugin interface just sat on "Updating Available Builds". It never loaded past that part, no matter what settings or how ever many restarts I conducted.

3. I checked to see if there were any additional settings associated with my motherboard that is required for this card, but I couldn't seem to find anything. The card is seated correctly, and the PCI-E power from the PSU is connected to the motherboard (card doesn't have a direct connection).

4. Without the card installed, the system boots appropriately into Unraid including the appearance of the Motherboard and Unraid startup sequences

Here is some info about my set-up for ease of diagnosing:

Motherboard: MSI B360 Gaming Plus

CPU: Intel Celeron G4900

GPU: Lenovo Nvidia P400***

-PCI Express Graphics set as primary boot device

-Integrated graphics multi-monitor is enabled

The only thing that I can think of as being an issue with this is that it is a Lenovo card instead of a PNY. Not sure how different the cards are in terms of compatibility, but I might also be missing something else.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, testdasi said:

Q1: Did you connect a monitor to the "PEG" <-- presumably PCI Express Graphics i.e. the P400?

Sounds to me like you connected the monitor to the onboard graphics.

Q2: ask in the support thread as per johnnie's suggestion.

Q3: see Q1

Q4: see Q1

Q1: Yes, you are correct: I have the monitor connected to the onboard graphics. I do have -Integrated graphics multi-monitor enabled. I figured that this would allow me to use either the GPU or the onboard graphics for my monitor. Maybe I'm wrong.

Q2: I have submitted to that thread. We shall see what comes of it.

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, phiko73 said:

Q1: Yes, you are correct: I have the monitor connected to the onboard graphics. I do have -Integrated graphics multi-monitor enabled. I figured that this would allow me to use either the GPU or the onboard graphics for my monitor. Maybe I'm wrong.

The settings is somewhat of a misnomer. What it does is simply keeping the iGPU enabled while a dedicated graphics card is installed.

Then with appropriate driver support, the OS would then allow display generated by the dedicated card through the iGPU port.

The mobo doesn't have the driver so the iGPU ports won't work until an OS with driver is loaded.

And then the OS, which is Unraid, also doesn't have the driver so it also won't work.

I'm not sure if Unraid Nvidia driver would have the driver + support enabled.

The good practice is still to plug your monitor to the main graphics card.

1 minute ago, testdasi said:

The settings is somewhat of a misnomer. What it does is simply keeping the iGPU enabled while a dedicated graphics card is installed.

Then with appropriate driver support, the OS would then allow display generated by the dedicated card through the iGPU port.

The mobo doesn't have the driver so the iGPU ports won't work until an OS with driver is loaded.

And then the OS, which is Unraid, also doesn't have the driver so it also won't work.

I'm not sure if Unraid Nvidia driver would have the driver + support enabled.

The good practice is still to plug your monitor to the main graphics card.

Ahhh. Ok. Acts as sort of a "piggy back" system.

I have my MTU set to 9000 currently. I see reports of folks having issues with the Unraid Nvidia plugin when on a 10Gb connection. Possibly changing the MTU to 1492 would assist in connecting to the Linuxserver.io builds.