Jetway JHZ03-GT-LF + 2 x SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8

• 3 years later...

I think this thread just solved the slow parity checks I've started having (estimating 40+ hrs for 4TB of parity, moving at about 26 MB/sec).  At first I was suspecting the Supermicro SAS card I had just added (the same model as the author of this thread), but then later I confirmed in the BIOS that all 6 drives are showing attached to the motherboard with none on the Supermicro card yet (I wasn't 100% positive which port the new drive was using since I'm using 5-in-3 bays).  Since this issue started at the same time I added the 6th drive attached to the 6th SATA slot on the motherboard, that very likely explains the issue (since the author of this thread noticed the same issue with his Jetway board).  I have a different model motherboard, but it is still a Jetway board, so I'm going to see if mine has that same SATA / IDE option in the BIOS and hopefully that will fix this (and if not, it sounds like switching a drive or two over to the Supermicro SAS card should fix it).  Thanks. :)

UPDATE:  That was it.  I had two settings in the BIOS I needed to change. First SATA was set to "Native IDE" mode instead of AHCI. Secondly, SATA IDE Combined mode was enabled. After correcting those two (then fixing the boot order since the PC decided it wanted to boot from the HDDs now, instead of the unRAID flash drive), I started a new parity check: Speed: 103.39 MB/sec / ETA: 645 minutes.  That is *much* better. :)