Disable IPMI (alert) for fan sensor (fluctuating false-positive)

Hi all,

I can't seem to locate anyone who speaks of anything similar to my problem/what i want to achieve here, so reaching out in hope of an answer (as i'm tired of wading through the amount of emails produced! - This is essentially the "problem", secondary problem being the dashboard alerts).

Ok, i understand i could do all sorts of client side sorting/filtering etc. with the email - Which i will do if i'm not able to reach resolution here...

The Story....

I have 2 fans, which generate countless "failures" because they spin too slow. They actually spin in a range that see's them constantly fluctuating up and down, tripping the low-threshold in both directions... Each occurrence generates 5 emails from resulting alerts (inline below) with both normal, warning and alert priorities. As it's the variation of the fan speed which actually triggers the influx of alerts, it can happen once every 24hrs (rarely), or once every second if it wanted to.

Event: unRAID Server Alert
Subject: Notice [YODA] - IPMI Event

Description: localhost *Warning* Fan - Lower Critical - going low ; Sensor Reading = 1024.00 RPM ; Threshold = 576.00 RPM
Importance: warning

Description: localhost *Nominal* Fan - Lower Non-critical - going low ; Sensor Reading = 1024.00 RPM ; Threshold = 784.00 RPM
Importance: normal

Description: localhost *Critical* Fan - Lower Non-recoverable - going low ; Sensor Reading = 1024.00 RPM ; Threshold = 400.00 RPM
Importance: alert

Description: localhost *Warning* Fan - Lower Critical - going low ; Sensor Reading = 1024.00 RPM ; Threshold = 576.00 RPM
Importance: warning

Description: localhost *Nominal* Fan - Lower Non-critical - going low ; Sensor Reading = 1024.00 RPM ; Threshold = 784.00 RPM
Importance: normal

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/etc. for addressing this?

Thanks,

Nash

Edited by Nasha

You need to lower the thresholds, they can be lowered on the IMPI plugin for low spinning fans, I had to do the same to some of mine:

image.thumb.png.74c2f8bc0a3127f99fe5d9033cf51b26.png

Note that not all values are valid, some boards might only accept for example multiples of 150, (150. 300, 450 and so on).