[SOLVED] Backup Server Share Rename

Hi, I am trying to save my multiple versions of movies (vob/mkv/m4v>mp4) and they are now stored in the "Apple" Share.  I don't think I have any other items in the Apple Share and would like to Rename it to Old Movie Formats for better description.

Can I do that w/o creating a problem?  I've read that the Samba Security Settings get messed up, so want to check on the change before making that Name conversion.  The alternative would be to create a "New" share and Move (I guess) all the 1000's of files to it, but I'm not sure if that is Physical or just a internal Relocation of the files.  If it's physical, I doubt that I have enough room to make another "copy".

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and assistance.

Dave

Edited by Archivist
Solved

Hi Guys,

I solved my problem in a different way with some assistance indirectly from Spaceinvader One (Kudos).  My Backup-Server did not have Krusader installed, so I did that first.  Then I went to the "Backup Movies" Share and changed it's name under Shares to "Old Movie Formats".  Then to allow it to be seen, I went back to the Share and turned off Samba (No) and Applied the change.  Retuning to the Shares I then re-enabled the Samba to Yes.

At this point with nothing in the Old Movie Formats Share, I was able to go to Krusader and move all of my Files (MKV/M4V/DVD (VOB) Movies) into the new Share - Old Movie Formats!  Krusader once I understood its intricacies worked like a charm and all files moved lickity split!

Hope this helps someone else  with changing both a Share Name and Moving Files around in there UnRaid!

Regards,

Dave

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Backup Server Share Rename