Replacing cache drive by cloning

Hey,

I'm wanting to upgrade my cache drive to a larger drive. I've been looking at methods of upgrading and i feel that using the mover to the array, and then back to the new SSD would take too much time. Looking at the size of my appdata and the largest app, Plex, i imagine it'd take a long time. I need to have as little downtime as possible as i'm hosting websites too. I've tried to find a method of taking both ssd's and cloning them on another pc, but can't seem to find a proper method of doing so.

Is there a verified and working method of putting the old cache and new cache into a different pc and to clone?

Thanks.

image.png.4ce2e539a379d35a6b6bef16c453e261.png

• 10 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 1:39 PM, JorgeB said:

Is the current cache btrfs? With the btrfs you can upgrade a device with the pool online.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=480419

If xfs a dd or similar clone won't work since the partition won't use the new device full size and Unraid will complain.

Why not? with gparted or something like that, You can make the volume bigger after cloning without any problem.