stashtv - unRAID unresponsive and requires hard reboot to bring back up.

Over the last few weeks, my unRAID server has also regularly gone unresponsive.  Tried swapping hardware, and still getting random hangs.  It's getting to the point where the parity check will never complete (~8 hours, 2x 4TB drives).

This morning, I left on my screen: tail /var/log/syslog -f

The machine was hung, but there was no video output.

I have split your post into its own thread so you can get us more information without cluttering up the thread of that other user.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post. It might not tell us exactly what is happening when it hangs, but it will tell us a lot about your configuration and save a lot of questions.

Since syslog resets on reboot, also setup Syslog Server so you can get us the syslog from before rebooting:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=781601

Have you done memtest?

Update: finally completed the parity check.

Uptime thus far: >16 hours.  What I did was disable my single VM of Windows 10 (2 CPUs, pinned).  Correlation != causation, but it's all I've got so far.  Will power cycle the machine, leave off the VM, and see if I can duplicate at least the same amount of uptime.

After a few different days of booting/rebooting the machine at different times: having VM (single Win10, 2x CPU, 4GB ram) run on boot seems to be the culprit.

If the VM doesn't auto start, the server doesn't appear to hang.  With VM auto starting, the hangs happen quickly.

Where can I checked the persistent log?