Migrating unraid to new hardware

I bought a Supermicro 6028U-TR4T+ (2U) Server, and will be migrating my unraid installation from old consumer grade hardware (i7-2600) to this new machine.

Chassis: Supermicro 6028U-TR4T+

Motherboard: Supermicro X10DRU-i+

CPU: (x2) Intel Xeon e5-2690 v3

RAM: 128G DDR4-2400 ECC (8x16G)

SAS Controller: LSI 9311-8i (IT Mode)

Backplane: Supermicro BPN-SAS3-826EL1 (12x 3.5" HDD) 

Drives: 8x WD 6TB, 4x WD 8TB (Both White Label)

Cache: Samsung 1TB 860 Evo SSD (Sata)

Network: 4x 10GbE (Intel x540 Chipset)

What tips can you offer to prepare my installation for the move to the new hardware?

Currently PCIe Pass-through configured for GPU use with a VM, so I will obviously need to remove the entries in /boot/config/vfio-pci.cfg beforehand.

I assume I will also need to make note of the order of Disks in the Array.

Are there any issues using the Intel c612 in AHCI mode for my cache disk?

I'm sure I will have other questions when I actually do the migration, but that's about it for now.

Just went through the exact same thing (with worse hardware!) and it was 100% plug and play.. just do it..

I didn't have any PCI passthru, but I do have some docker images running.

I just shut down the old server, moved the drives to new hardware without any regard for what drive was in what slot, and powered it back up.  UnRaid seems to have realized that the drives had been moved, so it re-populated the proper drives by serial number into the proper slots, but did NOT start the array.  After power on, I just clicked "start array" and everything was back to normal.  It has done a parity check and several planned and unplanned (lightning storm) reboots since, and I have had no problem.

Here's the link to the thread I hijacked and updated on when I did mine:

Excellent. Thanks!

(Edit) Update:

I managed to do the migration, but it didn't go quite as smoothly as I had liked. I removed the vfio-pci.cfg file, but the system would hard lock right after the samba line during boot. Fortunately I have been documenting my changes and customization tweaks as I go, and I realized that acs override was specified in the boot line, so I took that out as well, and from that point on, everything seemed to go fairly smoothly. I'm happy to say that it's running along nicely, as though nothing changed. All containers started, all VMs (not using a pass-through GPU) are running fine.

I am now looking into fine tuning the server for vm performance (CPU pinning/Isolation, NUMA/Memory allocation, etc). I've watched SpaceinvaderOne's Server tuning videos, and they were a great help with pointing me in the right direction. That conversation will be a different post. 

Thank you again.

Edited by SeeGee
Status Update