Cant get Unraid to use...

hey guys, newbie here

i might need some help

i want to setup unraid (headless) and passthrough both my nvidia rtx 2060 and my amd rx 570 to two windows vms.

my setup

Ryzen 5 3600 (oced)

32GB corsair vengeance lpx

512GB Samsung PM981 M.2

2TB Seagate Barracuda

512GB Old Apple 2,5" drive

512GB Sandisk SSD

elgato game capture hd60 pro

everything fits fine on the MSI b450 gaming pro carbon ac

i runned windows before (at the time) and everything works just fine. right now im only using the rtx for gaming and all the stuff you can do with it. the amd gpu is just there. :D

bios is set to run VMs (checked with VMware workstation and Hyper-V)

now to the whole story.

i can boot into the premade flash drive (1GB Intenso Flash Drive) named UNRAID and also login as root with no PW (on both no gui and gui).

when i try to open tower.local on my macbook (chrome no adblocker) it shows no connection. also it seems not getting an ip adress from my router (or just dont connect to my router?) i cannot find it there.

what can i do to get everything to work so i can setup all the stuff i want?

is my hardware capable of running unraid?

do i need to plug out my "unused" hardware for first setup or should it work right away? (like webcam and usb hubs and stuff)
also for me there is no problem in wiping windows or the other drives so any suggestion might help

i really have no clue where to start with this since i googled already but dont even know what to look for. :D
i watched all the stuff from spaceinvader and illuminated nerd (5 hours or so of stuff) but that did not helped. :( 

hope u can help

best regards 

kris ✌️

54 minutes ago, trurl said:

What do you get from the command line with this?

ifconfig

hey!

sorry it took so long. i tried to boot to the stick. wich took some attemps lol.

ifconfig says something like

br0: flags=4163<up,broadcast,running,multicast> mtu 1500

some more text idk u wanna see (i need to type by myself i could shoot a photo with my phone or so if needed)

lo: flags=73<up,loopback,running> mtu 65536

some more text again. 

i cannot get to the webui

is one of the above showing me the actual ip of the webui?

thanks for quick reply! 🤙

Edited by [email protected]
fixed some typos
Just now, [email protected] said:

i though webui is tower.local (browser) 

at this time im bootet without gui should i reboot into gui mode? 

gui mode is the same web interface you get when accessing from a browser on another computer.

If you boot in GUI mode then that web interface will display your IP in the upper right of the page.

Or you can look at the output of ifconfig to find the IP address. It shouldn't be very hard to pick out. It is 4 numbers separated by . (period), like 192.168.1.64 or 10.1.1.2 etc.

19 minutes ago, trurl said:

gui mode is the same web interface you get when accessing from a browser on another computer.

If you boot in GUI mode then that web interface will display your IP in the upper right of the page.

Or you can look at the output of ifconfig to find the IP address. It shouldn't be very hard to pick out. It is 4 numbers separated by . (period), like 192.168.1.64 or 10.1.1.2 etc.

okay im gonna reboot into gui mode now.

i tried every ipaddress wich did not seems to work.

there where some with 127.0.0.0 and some 192. stuff but nothing worked.

8 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

That address always only refers the local machine, so you can't use it to access another machine on the network.

192. stuff

should be the network IP of the server

now when i try to reboot from stick it dont even try and jump back to bios.

This sounds more like an issue with the BIOS not trying to boot from the correct device.

okay i checked the bios for update and took the newest (not beta) then did all the settings new. (hope they are all right)

when i boot into gui mode it ends with this.

IMG_1830.thumb.JPG.0405ad3c7ef5d9c1924c3eb3df401b9c.JPG

no gui at the end.

--

i rebooted everything with c-state option disabled and got a sonic fast rolling bootscreen wich seems never ending. 

looks funny sad idk how to share this. :D

okay after some tinkering in the bios (setting c state off, turned on iommu, turned other things on or off and ditched the OC)

im still stuck in loading screen but this time directly after "loading /bzroot-gui...ok"

maybe i should start at the very beginning now. idk what happened. only the new bios could be the reason. would be very sad if thats the reason.